If you decide to integrate your business with WhatsApp Business API, you must first complete the company verification process on Facebook Business Manager.
Before you begin the Facebook Business Verification process, review the following documents:
Facebook must confirm the registered business’ legal name, address, and phone number before it can verify your business. Facebook also validates any information you submit to them by cross-referencing it with MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) records. As a result, submitting the most recent and correct documents is critical, as any discrepancy may result in rejection or additional questions. In order of recommendation, the documents listed below are acceptable for confirming your company’s legal name, address, and phone number.
- Certificate of incorporation or formation (Ex: GST Certificate)
- Incorporation Articles
- Statements of Business Bank Accounts
- Utility bills (for example, phone or electricity bills) that show your company’s legal address, name, and phone number
- Reports on Business Credit
- Local, state, and federal government licenses and permits
- Certificate of registration for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Permanent Account Number Card (PAN)
- Certificate of shop establishment
- Udyog Aadhar (UID)
You can also visit this Facebook page to learn more about the documents you will need to upload for verification.
The following documents will NOT be accepted for the verification of your company’s legal name, address, and phone number:
- Purchase orders
- Self-filled company applications
- Tax returns filed by you or your company
- Personal bank statements
- Website print
- Other documents such as company flyers, letterheads, etc.
How to Verify your Business:
Step 1: Go to your business manager and click “Security Centre” on the left-hand side panel, then click the “Start Verification” button.
Just a heads up! If the “Start Verification” button is disabled/greyed, you must create an app from the “My Apps” section and link it to your business manager account. However, signing up with an Official WhatsApp Business API Provider is a much easier way to get this set up. They will help you with not only the process of Facebook business verification but with anything else that comes up during your time with them!
Step 2: Fill in your business information here, including your legal business name, address, phone number, and website.
Step 3:Facebook will compile a list of legitimate businesses. You must choose the right company from the list.
Step 4: To confirm your Business Details, select the phone number you have access to and click ‘Next.’ Step 5: You can now choose to receive a verification code by phone or email and confirm your information. Please make sure to select the language of the documents when submitting them! It is also required that all documents submitted be in the same vocabulary.
And there you have it! If you’ve done everything correctly and submitted all the required documents, you should have your Facebook business verification completed in no time.
How long does Facebook Business Verification take?
If your documents are in order, you should complete your verification within five business days. Facebook usually responds within three business days after reviewing your setup. If they require additional documentation, the user can respond to the same Facebook support ticket and appeal. This is usually accompanied by a deadline by which you must respond with any clarification or provide additional documents in response to Facebook’s feedback.
So, can you keep an eye on the verification process? You bet!
You can do so in the Facebook Business Manager by going to “Business Settings.” For example, suppose your company has been verified. It will appear as follows:
Still, facing difficulty? Here are some reasons why your Facebook Business Verification may be failing:
1. Your verification may be rejected if the details on the documents you submit for Legal Name and Proof of Address are inconsistent. Facebook uses third-party databases to validate the proof you submitted for business verification. Double-check that the legal name and address you mention match those in MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) records!
2. The scanned documents you submit should be free of any scribbled handwritten notes. Your verification will be rejected if there is anything on the document that suggests it may be forged.
3. You should ensure that the website you submit to Facebook has the Business Legal Name in the footer, or it will be rejected.
4. Two documents are required to apply for verification. Submitting documents that are not necessary may cause your application to be delayed or rejected.
How many times can you apply for Facebook Business Verification?
According to our observations, Facebook allows up to three attempts to send corrected documents and use them for verification. Following that, they may make it impossible to apply for Facebook Business Verification.
If you’ve already tried and failed to verify your business, it’s best to work with an Official WhatsApp Business API Provider, such as Surepass, who will walk you through the entire process step by step. Furthermore, because of the game-changing features, you gain access to, integrating with WhatsApp Business API is quickly becoming an indispensable tool for fast-growing businesses!
Tips for a speedy approval on Facebook Business Verification
1. Verify your Domain – Because Facebook restricts the ability to edit and link thumbnail images, headlines, and descriptions to control the spread of clickbait and misinformation, verifying your domain is a good idea even if it isn’t for business verification. However, this would allow you to claim ownership of your domain in Business Manager.
2. Keep a close eye on the documents you submit and ensure that the information on all of them is consistent and does not differ from the business details with the MCA.
3. If you want to integrate your business with WhatsApp Business API but are having trouble with the Facebook business verification process, please contact Surepass ‘s team. We are here to assist you every step of the way and will even contact Facebook on your behalf if necessary to make this process as smooth as possible!
If you want to integrate your business with WhatsApp Business API but are having trouble with the Facebook business verification process, don’t hesitate to contact the Surepass team. We are here to assist you every step of the way and will even contact Facebook on your behalf if necessary to make this process as simple as possible!
Helping Enterprises with Digital User OnBoarding Journeys & Preventing Fraud
More posts by Abhishek Kumar